I missed a fight in my yard

Quote:
Yes they are BOYS.
barnie.gif

True.
barnie.gif

If you are going to keep more than one rooster, they should not be able to see each other. They will try to fight right though the fence. A sheet of tin between the coops will stop the problem.

Rufus

Hey Stevie how are you roo's doing? All I can say after seeing those pics is ouch! My oegb roo's always get into it and look downright pathetic at times. I think it's more shock than anything. I hope your blue comes around. Poor baby. What about putting some poly vi sol in his water for a bit?

Quote:
Not true, I have quite a few but they have plenty of room to get away from each other. Its best if they are raised together. I think they seem more apt to fight if they are seperated and its a chore to get to each other.

I have one question. How do you know the White Rock roo is the "mean" one? How do you know the White Rock roo started the fight? What if the other roo started the fight?

Last edited:
I have a number of roos. White rocks, leghorns, njg's, a wild game, a big cochin, a few mutts and a whole bunch of little roos.

I do not separate them. I think that your roos got a lot of damage from the chicken wire. Mine free range and they all tend to have their territory during the day.

My biggest problem is introducing young boys and girls into the flock. The pecking order can be a dangerous episode to live through.

The little roos are the worst. They will start a fight with anything that will bob their head at 'em.

I sure hope your baby pulls through. I know that i would be beside myself if my wild game roo was killed. He rarely starts a fight, but he seems to always finish it.

Quote:
The White Rock was going to flog my kid a few months ago, but aside from that, the Blue And. is penned, the White Rock is not. The Rock had an acre to roam, but he chose to go over there. Tonight, just before dark, I went to check on them, and White Rock was over there again and they were doing the bobbing and weaving thing. I tried to scare Rock away just by yelling, but I had to physically whack his tail with a tent pole before he ran off.

I didn't read all the post so this may have already been mentioned, but you can give him some aspirin. One tablet per gallon of water. That will help with the pain. I would give him some vitamins also.

Hope he gets better.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom