I need a new coop. I want a bigger one. :)

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
I want to see everyone big walk in coops. It don't have to be big, I just want to see some good walk in coops, with outside and inside pictures. I need to build a new one, haha! Thanks for posting!

I'm so excited to see everyone's posts!
ya.gif

guess what Ive had my eye on for a walk in coop? Those small shooting houses they have for sale this time of year. I see them for sale all over town right now. They even have them at academy sports. With a few modifications, they are almost ready to go. Have no idea how much they cost but if I get another one, its going to have to be ready made..hubby went on strike as far as coops are concerned
hmm.png

Get the Building Chicken Coops for Dummies book here in the Store at BYC. It has detailed plans of a few coops, one of them a walk in coop. One of the BYC members - dsgard - has built one, and posted info on it, if you wanna do a search for it.

Here is mine before I attached the run:
56972_20100812_7.jpg

Here it is with run attached:
56972_20100820_12.jpg

And here is the name on it:
56972_coop_name.jpg

Oh, here it is with the run winterized:
56972_run.jpg

Mine is 8x8 and is big enough for me to have a chair in it to sit with the chickens. Then they started laying in my chair:lol:

Here's mine. I love it! I enjoy being able to hang out with my chickens and the ease of clean up.
49067_img_7448.jpg

Here's the coop during construction. The outside footprint is 10 x 14, inside it's 9 x 9 with a 4 x 9 service area.
Has a run off the other side now.
49067_img_6985.jpg

Back
Top Bottom