I need a salsa recipe HELP I'm over run with tomatoes!

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
My garden is full of ripe tomatoes, peppers and herbs. I would love to make some homemade salsa like you get in Mexican restaurants.

I'll post mine later tonight - - - I've never had any complaints !

Also, you might want to consider making some spaghetti sauce and freezing it.

Salsa has to be ate within a few days. If you have the massive amount of tomatoes that I have right now - - - salsa alone won't get rid of them all - - - -
barnie.gif

Salsa
I use a food processor to make mine but you could finely chop these ingredients.

Enough tomatoes to make 6 cups of clean cored tomatoes pureed coarse or chopped fine.
1 medium yellow onion
2 large jalepenos
2 Tbs lime juice
1 tsp dry garlic powder or finely chop two cloves of garlic
1 tsp salt
cilantro small bunch of fresh or 1 tbs dry

Process to a coarse puree or finely chop. I cut into chunks and puree together the veggies then add the spices. If you like it hot leave the seeds in the jalapenos. For a milder heat, remove the seeds.
Chill in the fridge for a few hours for the flavors to blend.
Keeps in the fridge for a week.

Last edited:
Quote:
Sounds great but I don't have any cilantro. It's really a must isn't it? Darn it, I was so hoping to make this tonight and have it with dinner. I have parsley and basil, those won't work as a replacement will they?
Thanks

Tomatoes, Mango(not too soft), onions, jalapenos, salt and pepper. You can put as much or as little as you want of each item. You can also add Cilantro if you like it.

We use the Scoop chips for this dip, and it taste great!

Quote:
Sounds great but I don't have any cilantro. It's really a must isn't it? Darn it, I was so hoping to make this tonight and have it with dinner. I have parsley and basil, those won't work as a replacement will they?
Thanks

I missed your question earlier. It may be too late for tonight, but for future if you don't have cilantro (or some people don't like it), then use parsley instead.

Back
Top Bottom