I need a sweet potato/marshmallow recipe

NovaAman

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 6, 2011
In Happy Chickenland, Holland MI
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, my BF wants to have a sweet potato/yam and marshmallow dish with Thanksgiving dinner... HOWEVER, as I am not very country cooking oriented... I have no idea how to make it. AND NO that was not an insult, please do not take it as such. I cook simple and easy. . BUT Holidays is different. Its really the only time of year that having a zillion different dishes on the menu is ok. Well anyway, Does anyone have a good one. One that a newbie can fix right and not screw it up? Thanks so much.

NO YOU DON'T. I hate the stuff.
gig.gif
That and Greenbean casserole. Yuk poo.
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
I love that! And it's soooo easy. Just some butter melted with some brown sugar a splash of vanilla, and then you simmer it on the stove with the canned sweet potatoes (yams I guess), and then you toast some marshmellows on top.

I like sweet potatoes and I like marshmallows but not together. Yuk.
sickbyc.gif

I wonder if you can make Smore's out of sweet potatoes and marshmallows? The Cinnamon on the graham cracker might be good. Just subsitute the chocolate with sweet potato mash.

Quote:
Oh, I never thought about using the stove top. I always put it in a casserole dish and put it in the oven.

Yep, and then I just give it a quick minute under the broiler to toast the marshmellows......

So, I can use canned not fresh, and there is a recipe usually on the can? Well, I think I can handle that.

I had a bro in law, he's black, and he got this recipe that he will not share at all, and it was so good! He's from down south ways, and says that its been passed down for ever, and his granny used to make it and she got it from her grams. BUT HE WON'T SHARE IT! What a butt. His was all done in the oven... and he used fresh...

Back
Top Bottom