I Need All Those Silkie Experts Advice!!

poultrycrazy

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
:)
oooook SO i have a good quality black silkie roo from a breeder and i want to get more silkies but cant right now. I have a splash silke hen that i got from my pet chicken (a hatchery) and wanted to breed her to my black roo and wanted to know if the offspring would be as good quality as the rooster? Or would that be bad quality? And i also have a partridge silkie from a breeder and she is a little over a year but she layed once when i got her and thats it so far. ( i got her like a couple months ago)
DONT JUST BE NICE AND TELL ME THEY ARE GOOD! TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!

The black roo when he was young: (he looks ALOT better than he did in the pic)
66311_007.jpg

The splash when she was young: (from a hatchery)
66311_010.jpg

Partridge hen: What is her quallity? ( the white foam on her eyes is because of a cold)
66311_mcpoultry_023.jpg

I have some silkies that look just like that. My black rooster is of poor quality so keeping him as a pet. They will end up with very good quality chicks. The splash and black look very good. The partridge is ok ,but it isnt the best , but thats my opionion. Good luck with your Silkies !!!
big_smile.png

the splash hen is not bad for hatchery stock. the partridge is pet quality but she will still be an excellent broody hen. I would breed them and see what you get. keep in mind that even a top quality pair of birds can produce so so offspring. good luck with them
smile.png

Quote:
I am not trying to sound mean or anything and i dont care if you know my name or not but out of curiousity,
hu.gif
how do you know my name? Have we talked before?
hide.gif

Quote:
I am not trying to sound mean or anything and i dont care if you know my name or not but out of curiousity,
hu.gif
how do you know my name? Have we talked before?
hide.gif

I PMed you the answer to this, if you 'fix' it on your profile you can have a Mod fix these post so your name is gone.

Back
Top Bottom