I Need Fish HELP By 12:30 This Afternoon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend had one of those tanks and it was terrible. The fish always looked sad, they could hardly move around, and it needed to be cleaned almost every other day, if not every day.

They have some great little tanks for $20 or less that are about a gallon or so that have a light and would be perfect for a SINGLE betta.

Quote:
i really hate to say it but this fish is NOT healthy if after 4 years its still able to fit in a 3 gallon tank its stunted from the dirty water.
facy goldfish can live upward of 20 years and reach 10+ inches while commons reach 12+ inches. its the equvilant to a human childs growth being stunted due to poor nutrition and poor living conditions.
i bet if you were to take out that goldfish and add anything else to that water it would die instantly due to the high amonia content just becuase they can survive doesnt mean they should i mean heck i could survive on a diet of 500 calories per day but that doesnt mean im going to be healthy and i certiantly wouldnt be happy. very sad how people see goldfish as "throw away pets" who cares if they suffer there just fish

the minimum a betta needs is 2.5 gallons, HEATED!!!!!!! You could put one in the 1 1/2 gallon, just be sure to do at least 2 100% water changes a week, and don't fill it with gravel or decor, just sparsely, as that will take up space. Betta's are tropical fish, meaning they need a heater! Get ONE male or ONE female! Not two, and don't even attempt to divide anything smaller than 5 gallons. Sorry to say, but most employees don't realize the information they're giving to customers is WRONG! You could always get a nice little 5 gallon with a heater and filter, a few real or silk plants (no plastic as it tears betta's fins) and a couple ghost shrimp or a snail, and guess what? You'll only have too clean once a week (siphon/vacuum the gravel to remove waste and un-eaten food to remove about 25-50% of the water)! No goldfish either! why? they need room to grow and swim and they NEED filters as they are very dirty fish. Maybe a plant and some ghost shrimp, with mini filter BTW, will work. Sorry about my rant, it's just one of my MAJOR pet peeves when people don't research their pets before buying!

to add to what tewwtyflights said.. if you go with live plants, you will rarely need to gravel vac, as the waste and excess food is broken down and used as fertilizer.. but with live plants you will need some sort of fertilization for the plants and the right kind of lights(most recomend a 65k daylight bulb) for proper growth..

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I wouldn't get goldfish. I have had them in the past and they are really messy. I had 2 goldfish in a 50 gallon tank and I couldn't keep up with the mess anymore. I ended up bringing them back to the petstore. In my opinion, goldfish belong in ponds...not tanks.
Good Luck!

2x goldfish are pond fish. I just adopted 7 goldfish that are over 12 inches.​

Okay I changed my mind I am only getting one batta and I am returning my 1 1/2 gallon tank and using a small little vase..... and I know how to take care of battas I have had like 7 or 8 in my life and they have all turned out just fine in a little tiny vase... battas LOVE small little tanks with lots of plants they dont like big open tanks they like to hide in the plants.... and alll the battas I have had I have never used a heater and they lived... Thanks for helping me out guys!

Quote:
Okay I will thanks for being so sweet!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Bettas, dont "love" small little tanks.

They Love being able to swim around, in REALLY clean water.

They originate in Thailand, in rice patties, which are thousands of gallons, and extremely clean.

Bettas need AT LEAST 1 gallon, which must be cleaned every 3 days, if you have a 2 gallon it can be cleaned once a week. And if you dont have a heater, they need to be kept in a warmer room of the house.

Quote:
i really hate to say it but this fish is NOT healthy if after 4 years its still able to fit in a 3 gallon tank its stunted from the dirty water.
facy goldfish can live upward of 20 years and reach 10+ inches while commons reach 12+ inches. its the equvilant to a human childs growth being stunted due to poor nutrition and poor living conditions.
i bet if you were to take out that goldfish and add anything else to that water it would die instantly due to the high amonia content just becuase they can survive doesnt mean they should i mean heck i could survive on a diet of 500 calories per day but that doesnt mean im going to be healthy and i certiantly wouldnt be happy. very sad how people see goldfish as "throw away pets" who cares if they suffer there just fish

I agree. That fish is probably brain dead by now. They are actually very intelligent fish that can learn tricks. That three second thing is a myth. Anyways that needs a 30 gallon tank minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom