I need help choosing... Coronation Sussex or Silkies?

The Sussex breed in general are really very nice birds. The lights are rather striking too. All tend to be excellent dual purpose birds.
I have not seen many US Speckled Sussex but the ones I have seen appear undersized & also seem to have a different gene at the e-locus to their British counterparts.

I just got some Light Sussex from Paul Bradshaw. They are very nice birds. I'd LOVE some Coronation, eventually. I bid $106.00 on 6+ Coronation eggs on eBay a few months back)==and LOST. I'm sure their eggs would sell better at first but then, the market would become saturated (like everything else) and they'll lose their "coolness." The one way to protect against that is to show your birds, limit your sales and work on developing & maintaining the breed. Of course, you could always send me a few eggs and I'll work on them, too!
gig.gif

Quote:
I may at some point have to get some of your Sussex eggs. I loved my old production Sussex and yours look just like her. I miss that hen...
sad.png

I have some in the bator and more on the way from bargain.
smile.png

A LOT.
smile.png

But seriously, I think a pair is around $400-450. Trios on eggbid were going for anywhere between $650 and $1200, plus the one that went for $4500. Paul Bradshaw of Greenfire does not do eggs either. Chicks or young adults only.

A pair of these are listed on eggbid now. Starting bid is $100.00. Anyone tempted? Said they are 4-8 weeks old from
Greenfire Farms breeding. Beautiful pictures of adults!

That is our listing on Eggbid for the Coronation Sussex Recessive Pair. We may list a pair of Coronation Sussex a little later too.

Back
Top Bottom