I need help identifying this bird

First thing that came to mind was Aubrey Beardsley Nouveau posters of caryatids and their ilk (long lines, testers of smoke sorta profiles/silhouettes).

Maybe a portrait by John Singer Sargent or James Whistler (lots of erect socialites in long dresses).

But, to me, it looks a lot like a fiddle head - a fern.

If sticking to Geisel then, yeah, Cat In The Hat for sure.

I'm with KrisRose on her name...Hattie for sure for her barn name
big_smile.png
..Let us know what you, DH and GD decide...off to the beach Jean..see ya next week...

I saw the lady before I read about her, but what it reminds me of is the sand-art bottles you make at the fair that have the pink hair sticking up off the top. I have no name suggestions since my naming skills (according to my daughters) are lacking...
Cathy:rolleyes:

momsfolly

I actually had "Docs Imperial Maiden" on my list, but didn't like it until I saw it in print in your post. Now, I'm putting it back on the list for GD to check out.
I appreciate all the help.
Some are so hard to name.

Sandy....have a great time.

Jean

Last edited:
I think Maddy makes a good barn name too. Your gd is a fortunate girl, starting with such a nice filly. My nag, actually owned by someone else, was a mean old grade lady, with plenty of bad habits, but I loved her anyway. Last time I was back home the guy who owned her said she lived to 32, and was buried in the back pasture.

That's got me curious about something. I received a horse for my 4th birthday. After my parents divorced back in '82, mom had to get rid of her due to expenses. I'm 37 now, and mom says that my horse is still alive. She sold her to the neighbors. Since I'm in another state and can't verify, how old can horses live? I can't imagine that my horse would be 33 years old and still around. I know that mom'sfolly said that one horse lived to be 32. WOW! This just blows my mind.

I can't imagine that my horse would be 33 years old and still around. I know that mom'sfolly said that one horse lived to be 32. WOW! This just blows my mind.

Our little Araibian Mare lived to be 37.

We got her when I was 6 years old and we just put her down last summer, my middle Daughter was 6 when we put her down. She was a great horse!!​

chicken feathers

Great cropping!!!! It really shows up as a lady in a long dress like that.
I can't believe I didn't see it before I posted on here. And I see her every day & was looking at that blaze on her face & still wondering what kind of bird that reminded me of.

(Birds on the brain I guess)
gig.gif
lau.gif

A friend of mine runs an equine girl scout camp and she has horses that are in their late 30's and are still used for trail rides nearly every day.

I hope my old mare lives that long. I got her when she was weaned and she is 22 now with arthritis in her hips. She & I used to play really hard for a lot of years. GD rides her now, and she has to have massages regularly. I don't ride her much now, she was always a working cow horse & when I get on her, she thinks we are going to work cattle. She gets very mad when we don't. I want her to take it easy, but she still has the "want to", and she still can be a handful to ride.

Jean

Back
Top Bottom