I need HELP, please? Vent Gleet or something more serious?

Good move getting the Medistatin. Recently, I had a hen with serious sour crop. I treated her with that and sadly, she never improved. All you can do is treat and hope she's among the majority of chicken patients that will recover nicely with treatment. I had to euthanize my hen, and when I did a necropsy, I saw that it was cancer that had caused her yeast problem. Nothing was going to make her better.

Get a tube of miconazole at the pharmacy in the women's hygeine products. Start her treatment with that while you wait for the Medistatin. Be sure you treat twice a day for a full seven days.
I'm sorry you had to put your hen down. This may be a stupid question but, should I apply the Miconazole into her vent or give it to her orally? Because one of my hen died from Vent Gleet before and someone told me I should give the Miconazole orally instead of insert it in her vent.

Kind of looks like she has been laying internally and has an infection, that is what you smell. I think you will need to bring her to an aviary vet for antibiotics and maybe some fluid removal.
I was hoping Vent Gleet , but I saw the area underneath her vent and I got worry. I'm going to take her to the Vet tomorrow. Thank you so much for your advice!

I randomly give my birds yogurt. In the water I put drops of vinegar, also I let them eat left over salad with vinegar, they love it. I also put in electrolights for poultry,(just a pinch) and you can get powder probiotics to put in their water too. Good Luck!

Yes, yogurt and probiotics are very good as a followup to treatment of a yeast infection. I usually squeeze out half an inch of cream onto my finger then pull down on the hen's wattles to get her to open her beak, then I wipe my finger with the cream off on the inside of her beak. I even had a hen once who happily gobbled it off my finger, as tasteless as it is.

Back
Top Bottom