I need help!!! Two day old chick.

Chris Hernandez

Chirping
May 17, 2017
I have a two day old chick that hatched late. When I went to put it with his mother and the rest of the chicks, the mother pecked it. Eventually I snuck it under her at night, but when i found it in the morning it was in a corner bleeding. The chick has 3 open wounds 1 of which is severe. The first one is on his back, you couldd see his spine, and the feathers and skin is gone. The other one is on the back of his head which is not as severe, and the third is his nech that is completely featherless and was bleeding. He was doing better when we got him a heat lamp but now he can not lift his head up at all, and does not even chirp when i pick him up. He is only two days old and will not drink or eat. I have cleaned the wound, and put hydrogen peroxide, and neosporin. He is not moving very much and will not stand up. He won't even open his eyes.

I have a two day old chick that hatched late. When I went to put it with his mother and the rest of the chicks, the mother pecked it. Eventually I snuck it under her at night, but when i found it in the morning it was in a corner bleeding. The chick has 3 open wounds 1 of which is severe. The first one is on his back, you couldd see his spine, and the feathers and skin is gone. The other one is on the back of his head which is not as severe, and the third is his nech that is completely featherless and was bleeding. He was doing better when we got him a heat lamp but now he can not lift his head up at all, and does not even chirp when i pick him up. He is only two days old and will not drink or eat. I have cleaned the wound, and put hydrogen peroxide, and neosporin. He is not moving very much and will not stand up. He won't even open his eyes.
It might be best to end his suffering.

Thank you guys, he is hopping around and will run to one side and lay down for five minutes, now he is just laying down not making any noise, im not sure how to treat the wound or what to do now, so i am open to any suggestions.

It's wonderful to have hope that it is going to make it, but the way I read the injuries, it doesn't sound too good in my opinion.
I personally would not want to watch it suffer for days and die.
It is totally up to the OP how they want to proceed.

Thank you guys, he is hopping around and will run to one side and lay down for five minutes, now he is just laying down not making any noise, im not sure how to treat the wound or what to do now, so i am open to any suggestions.
OH....I thought you stated it was not moving and didn't open it's eyes.

If he is up moving around...try to make sure if is getting plenty of water..and eating.
Offering him some vitamins like Nutri drench should help him to help his body heal.

Keep putting the neosporin on it.
I would keep him by himself til he heals too.

He refuses ot eat, he is only two days old. He drank a bit of water too. He is quarantined already. Someone told me to give him sugar water, but how much sugar and how much water?

Back
Top Bottom