1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need help with names

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by moodlymoo, Sep 3, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I have decided these gals need names and all I can come up with are manly warrior names lol. Please help. We have 2 americanas, 2 welsummers, a silver golden and a blue laced wyndotte, a delaware, a barred rock, a blue cochin, a partridge cochin, and a brahama buff. 12 total. I will post pics when I figure it out

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Maybe you could think about characters' names from movies, books or tv shows.

I gave my Cochin hens French names: Colette, Sophie and Chloe.

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    FiFi, fluffy butts, orange cream

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG]

Names will often come to you if you watch them for awhile. Names I have used (or plan to use) are: Gloria, Gidget, Fattie, Maggie, Jazzy, Red, and Blondie. I think I am going to start using the names of some of my favorite BYCers too. Maybe Em, Gritty, and Eenie to start. [​IMG]

5. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    See below for my gals' names and breeds...I gave my dual purpose birds food names even though I won't be able to eat them.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by