I need some advice! DH's Birthday, to Disney, or not to Disney....

ChicknThief

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Ok, so Jamison's birthday is coming up! The big 28
tongue.png

I am having a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to decide where to take him for his birthday trip, and I would looove the input of all my BYC lovelies
love.gif

Option A: Disneyland.

Total Cost: 370$ Plus Food and Souveniers. Includes gas, parkhopper tickets for 3 days, and 2 nights in a Hotel.
He has never been to Disneyland. I still LOVE Disneyland as an adult, but I'm not exactly "normal" haha. Are there any other adults out there that still like Disneyland? Or do you think this trip will be too "babyish"?
The other hitch: This trip would be contingent on his dad and stepmom going so that we qualify for the veterans discount (55%!!!). They would stay in separate hotel rooms (possibly a different hotel entirely), and Jamison gets along with them really well. So it shouldn't be an issue. It's just something to consider. We would head down early morning on Saturday, do the Disney, check into our hotel Saturday night, do our thing until Monday morning when we would check out of the hotel, spend a final couple of hours at disney, and then head home.

Option B: Death Valley.

Total Cost: 205$ Plus Food and Souveniers. Includes gass, campsite fees.
He has never been to Death Valley either. We would be going in late February, so it won't be excruciatingly hot. I have been many many times and know where all the "cool" places are.
For this trip we will be able to be out completely on our own, on our own time. We would leave at O'dark hundred AM on a Friday, and head home in the afternoon on the following Monday.

As you can see, I'm a bit flummoxed. I would love any and all thoughts and opinions.
smile.png

If you are a guy, which trip would you prefer and why?

If you are a lady, which one would you choose for your DH and why?

I remember some of the rides at Disneyland were definitely suitable for adults too. They were absolutely terrifying, even my parents didn't dare go on them.
lau.gif

The death valley trip sounds nice though, an opportunity to have some "alone time" together.

What does he like, crowded or quiet places?

And happy birthday to your DH!
woot.gif

I gave my husband a trip to Disney World for his 50th birthday a couple of years ago. It was a great vacation! There are a ton of things to do for adults- rides, restaurants, etc. It was totally different from when we went with our children. Go for the Disney vacation!

Man from NW Georgia here.....I vote Death Valley! I have taken the DW and the kids to Disneyworld several times (was fun, but more for the kids)...if DH likes the outdoors, I think Death Valley would be a great trip

Back
Top Bottom