i need some comfort plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

serama hen

Songster
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
Nothern New Jersey
my family is against me liking chickens my grandparents came and they will be sleeping in our house soon my mom told me not to go one here while they are here cause ill just be another embarrassment i wish everyone understood how great chickens are

It is tough to handle issues like this in a family setting. Old folks are pretty set in their ways and if your family looks at things like farming and animals as something beneath your station it may be to your benefit to lay low about it until you are independent and on your own. This is not something you should make a big deal out of as the response may be well above what you expect. Pick your battles and always, always wait until your strengths out weigh your weaknesses.

It will be tough to lay low, but keep your mind in the long game. Or as my Colonel used to say winning wars always comes with a price.

Jim

I am sorry.
hugs.gif

My family are much more comfortable with me bringing some of my chickens in the house for visiting if I put a chicken diaper on them. Some folks think chickens are disgusting and filthy and you may not be able to change that. Concentrate more on the joy and comfort your chickens give you than the negativity of others. Tell your family members when they give you a hard time, how happy and content your birds make you feel. Our families should want us to be happy.

That is very sad for you, but if it's only temporary, don't worry! Just keep your head down like Jim said, and before you know it things will be back to how you like it.
wink.png
Good luck!

oh i hope so i used to have chicken but had to give them away cause they threatened to eat them and so i waited for 4 years so far hoping id get another chance to have them i rly wish ppl were kind hearted i also said i like chickens bcuz of this and that they didnt care and doubt they will ever hmm i remeber when they left i used to sit in their coop and cry it was so depressing and heart wrenching the good thing about chickens is they never judge you and before i gave them up id hug them and just sit there and they never moved they even hugged me back

Oh, that sounds really sad for you. Well, like Jim said, when you get older, you'll be able to have your chickens! I'm so sorry you can't have your pets now, but you will be able too one day.
hugs.gif

thanks for the comfort you guys its rly nice bcuz no one rly understands me

You know I am on your side and only want the best for you, so take this criticism to heart.

You cannot write the above quote and have the expectation that anyone will take you seriously or even try to understand you. That sentence above is atrocious. When you write a post you may see a red squiggly line under some of the words you type. This means that those words are not words. Right click on them and it will give you suggestions as to what may be the correct word you were looking for. Select that word and it will change in your post.

What you meant to say is this: " Thanks for the comforting words guys. It is really nice to read, because no one really understands me. "

No matter what anyone tells you to your face, they will and do judge you upon your ability to speak and write correctly and coherently. It may not have consequences as a young person, but when you attain majority it will make your life so much harder to be successful and happy.

Jim (Father of five)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom