I need tips for putting eggs under my chook, Mary.

Should I?

• YES!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Need situation?? Is it a broody hen? How long she been sitting/ broody? Where is she located? (in a private fenced area from other chickens or in high up nest box or outside in an unprotected location?)
If she's broody and in a safe location and your ready and prepared for chicks, then go for it! .. Slip them under her at night if you like or when she's off the nest for a break you can put them in. Or just lift her up and put them under her -just depends on her behavior. With my chickens I just set the nest and they sit. What breed is your broody?

Any tips?
1606528678036.jpg

Need situation?? Is it a broody hen? How long she been sitting/ broody? Where is she located? (in a private fenced area from other chickens or in high up nest box or outside in an unprotected location?)
If she's broody and in a safe location and your ready and prepared for chicks, then go for it! .. Slip them under her at night if you like or when she's off the nest for a break you can put them in. Or just lift her up and put them under her -just depends on her behavior. With my chickens I just set the nest and they sit. What breed is your broody?
We don’t know she was a rescue hen

I just realised you have another thread... Is this the quail eggs you are referring too from your other thread? Putting quail eggs under a broody? If so then please ignore my post because I don't know anything about quail sorry, only chickens.

Back
Top Bottom