i need to know what it is

maralpz2006

Crowing
17 Years
Apr 21, 2007
mississippi

i saw her saturday and she was a little down,but she is good ,today i saw on her face is a little ball but i opened her beak even in inside you see it,but i really dont know what it is or what to give her,please help

It's possible she has got some sort of abscess forming. You can try warm compresses to the area to try and draw the infection. Using your finger tips, try to feel for the 'head' of the lump, you may be able to feel a foreign body in the lump itself and with careful probing remove it. Use antibiotic ointment on the area once it's open. Other than that I really have no idea what else it could be, sorry ! Sue

I can see some swelling. A more clear picture would help. It may be swelling in the sinus from an abscess or a respiratory infection. What does the inside of the beak look like? Just swelling, or any yellow or gray patches? Do you see any peck marks on the face? If it is an abscess, pus can turn into a solid mass, and is harder to squeeze out.

Last edited:
I don't know if canker ever looks like this on the outside, but it can affect the inside of the mouth. Yellow inside sounds like pus, though.

Back
Top Bottom