1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I need your help with my website!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joedie, May 4, 2009.

1. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    I breed and raise miniature donkeys and need your help to get the web search engines to move my site up so people will find it. The more times it gets looked at from different addresses the sooner it will get moved up.
    I'd really appreciate it if you could just look at www.laststrawfarm.net
    Thanks![​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. amamaofmany

amamaofmany Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    west virginia
    Quote:Oh, if I could only convince our neighbors that a miniture donkey was really some kind of extra large German Shepherd (maybe with asthma) I'd be putting up all my extra money to buy one of your beauties!

But I doubt anyone would buy my story!

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Can you give a history of miniature donkeys? What they were used for, how they were developed, what lines yours were originally from, show scores, etc.

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    What you need to do to get in the search engine is write a short intro using keywords - what would people put in a search engine to look for- that is one of the first things- also do you have 'metatags' in the code using terms that the search engines could find??

5. joedie

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    I have loads of metatags in and I checked out everone elses code source to see what other sites:( use that are above mine but still I don't pop up until the second page on some of the search engines!

6. joedie

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Quote:Do you mean to put this on the website?

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yeah! Kind of like a "history" of your specific type of donkey. What got you started in them.

I was also wondering what's with the HUGE amount of space to the right of the screen? It kind of seems crammed to the left side of the screen?

8. joedie

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Quote:I don't know! I guess I'll have to work on that. I could use that space and write about the breed, etc. This is the first time I've tried to do a webpage. I'm not very computer savvy and find it quite difficult. But I'll keep working on it. Thanks![​IMG]

9. hobbyfarmer

hobbyfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2007
    Kentucky
    Cute site! Great logo!

You have a beautiful home, btw. I adore historical houses.

10. joedie

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Thanks Hobbyfarmer!

I named it The Last Straw Farm when I quit my job and began doing this. It was the last thing I said when I wrote my resignation notice.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by