I never thought I would see this...

rlhbond

Songster
10 Years
Jan 31, 2009
Mocksville, NC
On Tuesday I was out at the barn. The ducks were all digging through the pile of manure/shavings. I suddenly noticed that they were all quacking very loudly. I went out to see what trouble they were getting into. They were all chasing the Roeun drake around. It looked like he had a large worm hanging from his mouth. Then I notice him tossing it up in the air and catching it as he ran from the would-be thieves. He had killed a mouse and was trying to swallow it. I watched for several minutes as he tried to swallow it while trying to evade all the other ducks. It was pretty entertaining. Then I had to return to work. I don't know if he ever got it down or not.

Ughhh!
sickbyc.gif
mice. I seriously have no clue why, but The Only Time I can look at them without freakingout / screaming/ wanting to hurl and take a shower, is when a snake is eating one. No clue why. I can watch it go into the snake tank, even watch it scurry around in it. I can watch the whole process no matter how messy (if you've watched you know what I mean). I can't look at them anywhere else. Even the mental image....
barnie.gif
hide.gif

At least you know you won't have a rodent problem there...

Ugh! i did not need this visual before going to sleep tonight...
sickbyc.gif
My cute, innocent duckies would never do such a thing...
tongue.png

I had one of my Cuckoo marans swallow a mouse whole...It was disguisting... I couldn't believe my eyes... Dont' need as much layer ration.... No mice around our coop are safe with Hildy on the make.

Back
Top Bottom