I ordered 6 Partridge Cochin eggs got 10 ! Need advice!!

cheepchicks

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Indiana
Ok, I ordered 6 eggs....got 10 not good as I had planned to use my mini bator. The LG does not have a turner and didn't do well at all with hatching the guinea eggs. I have two choices as I see it...use the mini bator and stack the eggs on each other or risk losing the whole batch.

So would stacking them hurt the eggs??

Kim

Could you use the mini bator for half of the eggs, since you know it will work better and put the rest on the other one?
Seems like if the larger one doesnt work too well already, putting them all in the that one doesnt seem like a good idea, and stacked to boot. Would that be possible to use both? Just an idea.

Jill

I would use both. What went wrong with the guinea eggs? Maybe we an trouble shoot and figure out what the problem was. Could have been just the guineas too though if you could hold temp and humidity. Opening 3x a day to turn shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Hmmmmmm, stacking?? Im not sure. I guess a hen stacks hers from time to time. Might work.

Kinda what I thought Just

Could you use the mini bator for half of the eggs, since you know it will work better and put the rest on the other one?

Well I meant stacking them in the mini bator. However I got the temp up in both the lg and the mini. I divided the eggs...half in each.

I would use both. What went wrong with the guinea eggs? Maybe we an trouble shoot and figure out what the problem was. Could have been just the guineas too though if you could hold temp and humidity.

The Guinea eggs in the LG just never got past 14 days. Some were never fertile others died. I am pretty sure it was the humidity being too low.

I still don't have the humidity up in the LG. The mini bator is good but the LG just can't seem to get enough water in it to raise it up. I will try adding more sponges today.

I will candle in a week and move the eggs around if necessary.

Thank-you all for your help,

Kim​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom