I ordered too many chicks! Will have freebies soon!!

It will take at least 4 weeks before you can tell by the size of the combs as to who are pullets and who will be roos. I would like to have a Buff Orp. myself, but I am in Va.

I currently have 4 buff orp and want to keep 2 of them. I am coming to the conclusion that I will most likely have to thin out my flock before i can tell if they are pullets or roosters. I'm going to have to give away 20 or so chicks to get down to a manageable number. I have discussed the situation with my 8 year old son and he is fine with it. A few of you are very close by. Anyone interested in picking up a few chicks this week or next? Here is a list of what I think I'll be parting with:

approx 10 Ameraucana pullets
2 buff cochin (st run)
2 buff orpington (pullets)
2 mottled houdans (st run)
2 polish crested (st run)
1 or 2 silver phoenix (st run)

I work on Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed but could work something out. Let me know if you are really interested!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey DUccleDude, sounds like you have read the Enid Blyton's "hop, skip and jump". If true, do youknow where to find it now???

Sorry to steal your space christichick!!

If you're not working Thursday, I can come pick them up then as I'm not working that day, either. I would really, really love to have the buff orps!

I'm interested in all of them and would be willing to pay for the shipping!

I'm so sorry but I think I would like to avoid shipping them and would rather hand them off in person. Poultra - I will let you know about Thursday as I do have a couple of appointments to work around. The address where I will meet you is 2199 State Rt 14, Penn Yan NY 14527 if you want to mapquest it. I will be in touch!

Christi

Christi, we could meet you Thurs, Fri or Sat this week, we would like the buff cochins, the polish and the houdans. Let us know when you could meet us. Thanks

Last edited:
alabama girl, I have no Idea
idunno.gif

Quote:
Hey DUccleDude, sounds like you have read the Enid Blyton's "hop, skip and jump". If true, do youknow where to find it now???

Sorry to steal your space christichick!!

You're a little south of Dresden! That's awesome! I grew up in Dresden and my folks still live there.

I'd be happy to work with your schedule - I have nothing planned for Thursday, other than getting chicks from you, so I am flexible.

Back
Top Bottom