I pledge allegiance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
That is what my dh said when I showed him the comic.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

So he has the freedom not to salute the flag as long as he doesn't exercise said freedom?

This is the way I see it and nobody is gonna change my mind. If someone doesn't stand and pledge their allegiance to the United States of America, they need to get the heck out. If they're not pledging their allegiance to the US, which country are they pledging it to?

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

So he has the freedom not to salute the flag as long as he doesn't exercise said freedom?

Thats not the point and you know it.

Quote:

Oh, I know. But then we have the inevitable comments like RoPo's up there, and others. "Yeah, it's his right not to, but if he doesn't do it he needs to leave."

I'm going to start using this response when people complain about taxes; sound fair? It's your right to vote for lower taxes, but if you're not willing to pay for this country then you can get out.

Quote:
Should I say this or not since I already said it?

Oh well, here goes.

You are saying those that do not say the pledge or salute the flag because of their religious beliefs need to leave? So much for religious freedom and tolerance.

But then I served for over 20 years so you can say what you said.

Quote:

Oh, I know. But then we have the inevitable comments like RoPo's up there, and others. "Yeah, it's his right not to, but if he doesn't do it he needs to leave."

I'm going to start using this response when people complain about taxes; sound fair? It's your right to vote for lower taxes, but if you're not willing to pay for this country then you can get out.

thumbsup.gif

I dont consider the pledge religious..
I know that it mentions god..but eh.... i dont think of it that way. I think of it more as support to our country and troops.

And i think that its a SHAME that the schools dont say it anymore every morning. A sick shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom