I probably need to chill...

Cyneswith

Songster
Jun 14, 2017
Camden, SC
My chicks are at a USPS distribution center 45 minutes away (my post office is 20 minutes away), and I SO want to call and see if I can pick them up there. I shouldn't... Right? I'm way too excited.

LOL :barnie:barnie:barnie

It depends.....Is your postal service "friendly"? You never know, the distribution center may call you for pickup - a lot depends on where they have to go from there - some of the routes seem a bit weird, but that's USPS.

I've heard horror stories about the PO, but I've yet to have any problems. The truck driver actually called when he hit the Tennessee/NC line - he had the chicks riding up front with him in the cab:) - he was going to make a stop at the distribution center for me so the chicks didn't have to go all the way to SC then back (crazy routes). The distribution center manager had my chicks in her office waiting on me - but that seems pretty normal here.
My chicks were delighted with humans when I took them out - I think they had listened to the radio and were talked to most of the trip.

That anticipation is a killer!

I always call my post office the day or so ahead and request they call me upon arrival for pick up.

They always do and I go pick up my chicks around 6:30 am in the back. In addition the office 2 hours from here often calls to see if I wanna pick them up since they won't arrive locally until the next day (and are usually 1 day behind schedule). But alas, I cannot justify or do a 4 hour round trip.

Back
Top Bottom