I procrastinated

When i was in college, I used to show up a half hour early to class, go to the computer lab and type up whatever paper was due in the class that day. Print it out and turn it in still warm from the printer
lau.gif

I tend to procrastinate too, and can usually rattle off several-page essays on tedious physics-related topics in a few hours. As long as there are sufficient amounts of good music.
tongue.png

I therefore would like to think of it as making me awesome.
lol.png

Quote:
I was bad at that myself. In high school we had an English teacher that required a five page paper due every week, in college we had 5 page papers due twice a week, and in honor biology ten page notes and analysis daily.

I tended to wait till the last minute to do them. In honors biology I loved to do the ten page notes that morning and since that was my first class, I always made it into the class wired on coffee and with a cramping hand.

Love honors biology. Loved the teacher to. My writing hand hated it... and me though.

Last edited:
Bah! Procrastination Queen here!

I LOVE writing! In high school I used to make money writing essays and term papers for my brothers and their friends. (sh-h-h, don't tell anyone) I could easily turn out others work ahead of time, but. . .

My own papers were ALWAYS written and typed during an all night-er prior to the due date. Just couldn't get my own work done any earlier. Of course, if I did get something done early I knew I'd just spend all the days and nights before due date editing, rewriting, and trying to improve on what I'd done. And I'd still end up working all night. That was back (in the old days) when rewriting meant retyping everything from the changes to the end of the paper.

I just don't seem to be able to think unless I'm under pressure to finish. Sure got easier with the advent of computers with word processors! All night-ers in college at least didn't have the pressure of typing errors.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) Gardening zone 5a - 4b at some undisclosed location in Wisconsin

Quote:
Actually, this reminds me of a friend of mine - he had an idea, and I said, "That's either genius or stupid." His response: "No, it's smart and lazy."
lau.gif

@Spook - a lot of time was spent editing it to make it more coherent. I have coherency issues if I type too fast, though I agree that I should have had it done faster. I was also preparing a philosophy presentation (on John Locke), so I have an excuse.
tongue2.gif

Quote:
As a CW reenactor, I admire Q9 and the jolly debates we all enjoyed. Spook, haven't you thought about taking over Andy Rooney's desk. I love your writings...so thoughtful that chaos around me still going on, while I'm blissfully calm reading your posts! Mwhahahahaha!

Quote:
As a CW reenactor, I admire Q9 and the jolly debates we all enjoyed. Spook, haven't you thought about taking over Andy Rooney's desk. I love your writings...so thoughtful that chaos around me still going on, while I'm blissfully calm reading your posts! Mwhahahahaha!

I agree. Spook is an excellence writer, and Q is well read on the civil war's southern view and southern relations pre and post war. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a degree in that topic since it interests so much.

Back
Top Bottom