I quit smoking

You know whats weird? I have been doing great, but today out of no where, out of the blue, I just started panicking, REALLY BAD!!!!! Had just pulled in to the parking lot, gonna go get some groceries, then BAM!!! Grabbed the e-cig...didnt feel like it was working..(it was), my poor husband has no idea whats going on inside my brain, he shuts the car off and says "you ready?"...and I just start BAWLING!!! Inside I am battling..one side of me just wanted a cigg!!!! The other side didnt...
The side that didnt want a cig won in the end, but it was horrible. I must be letting my guard down? You know at first I was always thinking about it, (not smoking) but now I realize that I dont think of it all the time. Needless to say it was upsetting! Actually I still feel upset about it!
Im gonna take a hot bath and go to bed early, tomorrow will be a better day!!
fl.gif

Don't be upset - you did great. Look at it as a 'wake up' call and understand the power of nicotine and that you are still vulnerable. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Don't be upset - you did great. Look at it as a 'wake up' call and understand the power of nicotine and that you are still vulnerable. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! I think I thought that once I hit a month I would be good to go...I know sounds stupid!! They say 28 days makes a habit after all....When I first started, I gave myself a 1 week goal, then another, then 1 month...so I guess I need another goal???? Maybe 2 weeks to make it a month and a half.

Let me tell you what your goal should be at this point in time - 1 day. That's enough for now. No need for pressure especially with the stress of the holidays.

So I am 6 weeks cigarette free!!!
big_smile.png

It has been a rough week, not so much because of urges, but because of everyday stress'. The week started with my 11yr old goat, Sammy, passing away. It was sudden, maybe heartattack or stroke? I went out about 8pm to turn off the lights and lock the doors to the barn, he was fine, I scratched his nose like everynight and said see ya in the morning. The next morning he was gone. Really opened my eyes to the fact that we are a nursing home for pets! Our Airedales are 12 and 9 years old, one of the cats is 10, one of the parakeets is 9 years old and our other goat, Peanut, is 13 years. We are all growing old gracefully together! lol

On top of that my sons car broke down, the snow plow broke down, and just the stress of Christmastime. Oh and I have a hen with egg peritonitis. She's doing well, in the sick pen on antibiotics.

Everything has calmed down for now, except the weather!!!
I don't know if any of you guys are having the snow and ice storms we are having here in Michigan, but let me tell ya, I AM SICK OF IT ALREADY!!!
barnie.gif

Its going to be a LONNNGGGGG winter!

OK, feel better now? You're doing fine - you didn't smoke. It will get easier - I promise. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Sorry about Sammy's death. It's tough when they just die suddenly, but on the other hand it's better that they don't have to suffer.

Back
Top Bottom