I saved a life last night!

jwilson48

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 25, 2012
I didn't know where else to put this so I put it here.

Last night it was cold. Me, my dad, and a friend went and picked up 16 more isa browns. 4 for the friend 6 for my dad and 6 for me. Got back to friends house grabbed 4 and put in a small cage to carry down to friends coop. went into his heated garage to shoot the breeze for about 10 minutes came back outside and one of his already laid an egg! Drove back to dads and when we got there one chicken was dead as dead could be from the cold drive (chickens are molting so almost no feathers). I took in inside, held it in front of a space heater, and gave it cpr (hand only no mouth lol). it's comb was yellow white instead of red. I gently pushed underneath it's breast bone on two smaller bones and everytime I did, you could see blood pump through its body. After doing this for 10 minutes or so the color started to come back to its comb and wattles. Did this for about 30-40 minutes and she regained some life, but heartbeat was still slow. Kept her in a box in the house all night with a heater on it and this morning she acts like nothing ever happened. Good as new lol! Would name her Lucky, but no way to tell them apart!

lol thank you. truth be told i couldn't believe it. i know what dead looks like and that thing was dead. you just never know until you try i guess!

Great story! We had the same exact experience with a water turtle that we had for four years. When my son came home from school and looked in his terrarium he noticed that the turtle had gotten wedged between two large rocks below the water level. Drowned. We pulled the turtle out, and his arms, legs, and neck were just limp and flopping. Dead as a door nail. My son turned it upside down to drain out any water in its lungs, and then commenced CPR, and that little sucker came back to life!!! I thought I was losing my mind. Total disbelief! So I'm glad to hear that someone else has performed a miracle, too!!! LOL!

wow at the bird AND the turtle too!
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom