This morning, I went to my coop to give the daily laftovers to my flock. It was tacos preferred over fried chicken, biscuits over donuts and other odd stuff. Then the unspeakable happened! My favorite roo, Roody Roo is my 3 yr old sussex, choked on a biscuit piece! He was gasping and started to collapse andd his whole face purpled! OMG! I didn`t know how to heimlicht a chicken if it could be done. Roody was a gonner, fell over and started convulsing and went limp, head hanging and closed his yes. I was in tearsz so in my panic when I finally caught him, I laid him on his side and pushed real hard on his rub cage! I heard a squeak! I did it 3 more times and he stuck his tongue out. I hear him gasping with air instead of for air this time, so I scooped up my Roody and cuddled him for a while. The red came back and he was awake! If I didn`t get to him as fast as I did, he`d be in the big pen in the sky now. I think Roody Roo knows I saved his life with a "chicken heimlicht" and is showing me a new level of respect. I love my butthead roo! He`s the best with the ladies and chases all "unwanteds" out of the pen too! I don`t ever wanna get a scare like that again please!