I started them in the incubator today! 6-20-12

Good luck with your hatch, I set 12 FBCM and 12 silkies shipped and 4 backyard mix of EE and bantam frizzle/seabrights. I only candled 5 of the shipped silkie and 4 are a go! Not going to mess with the FBCM, the eggs are beautiful and deep chocolate!

Woohoo!! I have 7 out of my 12 growing babies!!! :celebrate

Here's a picture! Although it's not as clear as I wish it was.
Day 7:
u0UV8.jpg

Of the others 4 were clear, and one quit, probably only a day or two ago. It had an embryo, but was floating and the veins were dark. =/

I set 14 silkie/showgirls on the 20 was gonna wait til day 10 to candle but with a power outage i wanted to calm my nerves so i ended up candling late last night!(day6) 13 out of 14! The 14 egg im questioning but keeping in til candle right before lock down. Eek got o see tiny movement and everything....:D

Thats amazing they are going well!! I have been crazy at work and havent been able to candle them yet but I am planning to tonight and i am EXXXXCITTTEDDDD
fl.gif

Well, I candled the eggs in the incubator. One had a blood ring and the others either looked clear or the shells were too dark to see anything in.
hmm.png
The fertility on these eggs was questionable to begin with... I guess I'll leave them in for a while longer and see if anything changes, considering this was my first time candling anything. I think I'll wait a few more days to do the ones under my broodies.

I just wait til dark, use a 2.00 led flashlight and hold the egg in my thumb and forefinger blocking and direct light from the flash light and hold the flashlight behind the egg shining to me, you can get a nice peek! Five or 10 seconds and you know what is going on! Goodluck :)

50% humidity is the general recommendation until day 18 Then up to 65 for the last few days I am doing sort of the dry hatch too.About 30% humidity not higher.Heard you get a better success rate lower.
Also read error on the side of less rather than more.
If chcken eggs i agree not higher than 50% until day18
Good luck!

I have some that I can diffinitely tell it is developing, the rest i cant see really well so I am going wait a couple more days.

Back
Top Bottom