I think I found a roundworm?

Morgan951

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
I swear, found mites in my coop two days ago and then today i found two...about 1-2 inch long white, i think, worms. :( I dont want to know what else can happen! They werent moving at all. They look like some kind of bean sprout but Im pretty sure it was a worm. Is this what roundworms look like? From the pictures I've seen anyway. What do I buy to kill them? what kills all types of worms? Ive read a lot of different things. Do they spread to other chickens, or my dogs?!
sad.png
Thanks everybody...

Sounds like large roundworms. They lay thousands of eggs onto the soil and can be picked up by your other chickens, starting their lifecycle all over again. Your dogs are safe.
I recommend that you purchase valbazen cattle/sheep wormer to treat your birds. It kills all known types of worms that chickens can get slowly over a period of several days preventing toxic dead worm overload. Use a syringe without a needle to administer orally undiluted. Dosage is 1/2cc for standard size birds, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose them again in 10 days. Discard eggs 14 days after last worming.
Pull the wattles down and the hens mouth will open. Squirt the liquid in her mouth and immediately release her wattles so that she can swallow the liquid on her own and not aspirate.
If your feed store doesnt carry valbazen, it can be ordered from Jefferslivestock.com or call them. They ship quick.

Back
Top Bottom