I think I hurt my hens feelings?

zippychickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
N. CA
Ok, one of my hens named Baby likes to fly up on to my back and then perch on my shoulder while I'm in the coop feeding, watering and just hanging out with the "girls". This morning I was dressed nice since I was "going to town" so when Baby flew up on my shoulder I brushed her off and said No Baby your going to get me dirty! Well, she ran over and hid inside the dog house! I felt so bad so of course I apoligized and tried to pet her and she wouldn't have anything to do with me. I think I hurt her feelings . Does that sound crazy?

That's not crazy at all. Animals have emotions just like people do. It may take a bit of special treatment to let her know you're not angry with her, and to make sure she knows she is welcome in your presence. She sounds like a sensitive soul. I hope she gets over her upset feelings soon and becomes comfortable and relaxed around you again.

since I'll be home tomorrow I think I'll take some oats out to the the coop and win back Baby's affection. All the girls love oats and I havn't given them any for a few days. If that doesn't do the trick than I'm in big trouble
smile.png

She just may forget in the morning :p

I've stopped letting any chickens jump on me after the lovely "hi, how are you? That's right, I just stepped in a fresh cecal poo and it's now in your hair" :eek:

Baby will be alright,I'm sure the oats will do the trick.
wink.png
Maybe buy her some crickets or mealworms.

Quote:
lau.gif
That happened to me yesterday,lol. I was laying on my lawn chair & my Miss Prissy jumped on my shoulders w/ fresh cecal poo on her feet.
barnie.gif

If the kids are with me I always ask my daughter " do I have any poo on me?" I could just see myself running into town for bread at the store and not realizing I have poo on my back! Yuck
Oh, the oats really helped.

No thats not silly at all.

I had my Polish pen up high. Everytime I opened the door she would jump on my back as I bent over. hehe thats funny

Chickens are very social and she Probably new thier was something wrong. But they are very forgiving! lol

A kiss, hug and treat usually does the job.

Matter of Fact I had my Hen try to get in a flower pot and I scooted her off, she ran away and hid under a chair.
Lucky I did though because there bees there!! arggg :)

I gave her a big smooch and she forgave me :-D

That happens allot to. They jump on my lap and I find that they have stepped in fresh poo before hand. gross yuck!!

Back
Top Bottom