I think it is time to strangle my cats........

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by luvmychicknkids, Jun 11, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Seriously! I mean, my dog is well behaved (I know how to train a dog), my other pets are contained (small, furry, scaly, etc.). My cats......well, my cats are HORRIBLE!!!! They are pretty good about staying off things like counters (thanks water bottle) but they torture my dog and they eat chargers. Like cell phone chargers. This is an almost constant thing. I can't count the number of phone chargers I have replaced and they are NOT cheap. However, they really did it this time. They ate the laptop power cord! So, today I spent $50 getting a USED replacement!!! I think the old one would be perfect to strangle the little darlings, don't you?????

Gem:
    [​IMG]

Lucy (she was actually trying to lick my eyeballs when I took this pic)
    [​IMG]

Petunia (we call the poor thing Tuna Fishy though):
    [​IMG]

Mathilda:
    [​IMG]

2. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Songster

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    [​IMG] im sorry. im sure you think its not funny. sometimes, we gotta just deal with it lol. [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....honestly, I do find it funny sometimes (except when I am paying for the replacements). I mean, seriously, WHY????? They just better be glad I love them!! And Lucy (the second one) is my husband's cat so he always reminds me "It WAS NOT Lucy" (though she is actually the worst) "She must have been trying to hide the pieces so your cats wouldn't get in trouble" [​IMG]

4. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Could you paint the wires with tobasco sauce?
    That worked with my cat eating houseplants.

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I may try that (just bought a huge new bottle of Tabasco in fact). I can almost see my little darlings saying "YUM, Mommy seasoned them for us!!!" LOL

6. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Well, there's that too.

Mine haven't eaten anything lately, but they're leaving hairballs all over the place. Spring came suddenly, and they're a mess.

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Ahhhhhh yes......nothing more refreshing than slowly padding to the bathroom half asleep only to suddenly feel SQUISHHHHHHHHH. [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    aww! cute kitties! mine also eat some wires..ALWAYS my ipod headphone wires. ANY headphone wires.. its really weird! [​IMG]...cant even remember how many i have had to buy... [​IMG]

9. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Well, maybe you could charge things in the bathroom or a closed room? I know, cats can be amazing when it comes to opening doors you don't want opened. Some even learn to turn door knobs! But maybe yours haven't learned that trick yet?

10. Chickensrock10110

Chickensrock10110 Songster

Feb 10, 2009
    Hawaii
    Umm,uh oh, I was thinking of a kitten as a pet,should I reconsider?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: