I THINK MY CHICKENS ARE MAD AT ME :(

BigBlueHen53

Love one another ❤️
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
Hen and i tried to pick her up and she scratched me
She may not have done it on purpose, intending to hurt you. Sometimes I get scratched when I pick up a chicken because they feel a little off balance or possibly feel threatened and so they thrash about a bit. You have to remember that they are prey animals, and in their world anything that picks them up usually intends to eat them. They are not like most cats that just go limp when you pick them up.

kurby22

Crowing
Apr 12, 2021
Sacramento Area, California
All of mine hide every time I add new shavings to their coop, and act like the shavings have come to murder them. They are skittish after that and run from me for the next day or two because I brought the murderous pine shavings to their safe space! 😁 Treats and time will calm them down…it’s a good sign they have good predator instincts! Keeps them safer 😍

BigBlueHen53

Love one another ❤️
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
All of mine hide every time I add new shavings to their coop, and act like the shavings have come to murder them. They are skittish after that and run from me for the next day or two because I brought the murderous pine shavings to their safe space! 😁 Treats and time will calm them down…it’s a good sign they have good predator instincts! Keeps them safer 😍
That is a good way of looking at it. Seems it's always the tamest, most favorite chicken that's the first to go in a predator attack. I think it's because they're tame, and less wary.

Top Bottom