I think my duckling is sick

greggy boi

Hatching
Jun 16, 2016
Newry
I have a male duckling and it seems that he's not as energetic as my other female duckling. He sleeps a lot and won't walk around his box like my other duckling sometimes he just sits there and shivers ,his beak is turning purple and blue and his feet are going red. I don't know if that's normal for a male duckling but I would like some advice on what to do with him if it's not

I have a male duckling and it seems that he's not as energetic as my other female duckling. He sleeps a lot and won't walk around his box like my other duckling sometimes he just sits there and shivers ,his beak is turning purple and blue and his feet are going red. I don't know if that's normal for a male duckling but I would like some advice on what to do with him if it's not
That is not normal, How old is your duckling and what breed what do you feed and what are you keeping them in> what type of bedding?Are you still using a heat lamp on them what temp? His bill turning purple can be a sign of heart trouble does he have trouble breathing. Is a vet an option? Pics if your able will help.

@greggy boi

I don't know what age he is or what breed but he is in a (spacious) plastic box I don't keep him under a lamp and there is hay in there box he doesn't seem to have trouble breathing his beak is more red now and I feed him regularly with pellets and water or vegetables. I searched up also that egg YOLK is good for sick weak ducklings so I have also been giving him that @Miss Lydia

I don't know what age he is or what breed but he is in a (spacious) plastic box I don't keep him under a lamp and there is hay in there box he doesn't seem to have trouble breathing his beak is more red now and I feed him regularly with pellets and water or vegetables. I searched up also that egg YOLK is good for sick weak ducklings so I have also been giving him that @Miss Lydia

If he is eating good and drinking and pooping then this may be nothing more than maturing they do change alot as they mature so I would recommend you keep a close eye on him and hopefully it's nothing.
I also read this thing and it said its normal for their beak colours to change but I really don't know

Back
Top Bottom