Sick Duckling?

JoshuaNg

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2023
Duck photos
Hey everyone, first time duck owner and got two male ducklings from Metzer farms. The breed is White Layer and recieved them on 9/6 (10 days at time of writing). One duckling is fine, growing and weighing at about 10oz. My other duckling arrived already smaller, with a black marking on its head, cloudy eyes, eyelids a bit crusty, and bubbly poop. He weighs about 7-8 oz and I have given them nutrients to stop the bubbly poop. He also does not clear his nares or likes water. The first few days I had to manually dunk his head under because the there was a build up in the nare holes. I attached some pictures and hope maybe some of you duck veterans can offer some advice/what might be wrong with the duckling. Oh, his nares and beak are also smaller.

Duck photos
Hey everyone, first time duck owner and got two male ducklings from Metzer farms. The breed is White Layer and recieved them on 9/6 (10 days at time of writing). One duckling is fine, growing and weighing at about 10oz. My other duckling arrived already smaller, with a black marking on its head, cloudy eyes, eyelids a bit crusty, and bubbly poop. He weighs about 7-8 oz and I have given them nutrients to stop the bubbly poop. He also does not clear his nares or likes water. The first few days I had to manually dunk his head under because the there was a build up in the nare holes. I attached some pictures and hope maybe some of you duck veterans can offer some advice/what might be wrong with the duckling. Oh, his nares and beak are also smaller.
the pictures didn’t post

They should be embedded at the top of the post, 'Duck Photos'

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/pohnSfmd99GO
oh sorry now I see. It looks like both ducks have eye problems?

They always need water deep enough to clean and dunk their heads very important to keep nares and eyes clean. if dunking doesn’t clear it up there is Terramycin eye ointment that will help.

Back
Top Bottom