I think my EE is about to lay...

thndrdancr

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Belleville, Kansas
Well, my EE is 4 3/4 months old now. Today she started hollering and kickin up a fuss. Then my red sex link started in, think she was trying to "help".

I noticed her behind was fuller just yesterday evening, so know its eminent. She is making me crazy waiting. She hollered so much Mom made me take them out at 6 this eve. As soon as I let them out, they ate grass and just goofed around, no egg. sigh... She asked me, well why were they makin such a fuss? I told her I thought they were just bored! lol I do know any day now tho.....wonder what color it will be? And perhaps she will stop jumping on my head when I am in the yard with her?
barnie.gif
I really think she wants to lay the egg on ME!
he.gif

I'll join this club! My 2 were 23 weeks last Sunday, still no eggs. I can't wait to see what colors they'll be, I think that may be the most exciting part!

Cyn,
I got kind of worried there for a minute, cuz when she jumped on me, she nestled all down on the back of my neck, and I was thinkin...OH NO, not THERE! Dont you dare have your egg up there!

gig.gif

Rachel, mine is 21 weeks, but its definitely coming cuz she started fussin and pacing yesterday and today both.
smile.png
I also cant wait to see the color!

Last edited:
mine is only 4 months - so no eggs. actually i am kinda questioning if she is a roo.... i hope not!

Cant wait to see what you get ...
pop.gif

D.gif

cleggs.gif

Remember to post EE and Egg color pics Here
big_smile.png

Yeah, I created the egg animation for the occasion

Last edited:
I'll post my EE first eggs pictures too...we are going to have an omelet party for friends after the first few are laid!
Mine will be 19 weeks on Friday...I hope they do not go much longer this waiting is killing the whole family. I think my dd's do not believe that they are really going to get eggs from them! They have been teasing me...coming in saying, "I found an egg!!" I believe them everytime....
BIG stinkers...children and chickens!
smack.gif

I've got til the end of September or beginning of October before any of my EE's will be laying. This group is getting so big though. All 24 of them have just grown like crazy.

I have 5 EE's and they're 16 weeks. I think I have a ways to go before eggs but their combs are just now turning red. I can't wait!!!

Back
Top Bottom