I think my peachick has blackhead? HELP!

Idk what she/he had but they are better. I think---The droppings are brown and almost solid. And i gave him/her wazine wormer--- its suppose to be for blackhead but it says nothing about blackhead on the bottle but i was despret and used it, and i gave it t my chickens and guineas, Also the baby peas and guineas and the sick one doesn't lay down that much and walks around and eats more. So should i stil give it the other meds?

What other meds? I'm so confused. It wouldn't hurt to give them some vitamins. I mix up some Durvet Vitamins and Electrolytes and give it to mine every few days just for a little boost, especially with it being so hot. They get fresh water every morning. I figure the Durvet every 3rd day is a help but not too much. Probably not good to give them to many medications if they look like they are improving and doing well but vitamins and electrolyes can't hurt. Are they getting enough protein? I use medicated Purina Chick 19% protein mixed half and half with medicated Purina Honor Show Chow Turkey Feed, 30% protein. Have for 3 years now and it's served me well. 19% is to low and 30% is to high. Some breeders have had problems with chick growing to fast on feed with to much protein.

Other meds as in the tylan and poly-vi-sol. yesterday i started giving them that wormer. Today i couldn't get the pea to drink the poly-vi-sol so i put some drops in the water. And i don't know how to mix the tylan--its a powder. I am feeding my peas and silkies game/show feed. Its for pheasants. Idk what % though. The chick feed i have is
nutrena and ive heard its not good i was mixing that with the game feed but when the pea got sick i didn;t no why so i just went back to plain game.

Now that's one thing I've not had to deal with....swollen eyes. Have no idea what to do. Anyone? Do a search in backyardchickens "peachick with swollen eye" etc;

Bless your heart you are getting a crash course in animal health care with this young one.
hugs.gif

There are a few here that know what to do they will be along soon i am sure.
fl.gif

caf.gif

Ok i will do a search. And its not its actual eye ball its the surrounding. And the pea wipes its eye on its wing so it irrates him/her. But other then sleeping a little more then the others he/she is fine.

Back
Top Bottom