I think those who said hen were wrong! One month later...

Quote:
Oh, Cowgirl, I'd be very happy to have him grow up and look like that. What a proud roo Reggie looks like. We're happy he turned out to be a he, but we really, REALLY want him to start acting like a roo, LOL!

I really can't believe so many people said hen on the other thread! He was obviously a boy on those pics, too! Girls don't get long curved tails like that first pic in your other thread!
lol.png
My guess is someone bred a red sexlink roo and hens and made him--a roo who's colored like a girl red sexlink.
tongue.png

Amazing how much different he looks now. I went back and looked at the pics on the other thread and yep, I would agree the final pics did look like a hen. But these pics are all boy....wierd huh??

Bet you could give him to someone that lives in the city. I have seen a lot of posts where people looking for what types of Roos crow less.
thumbsup.gif

Of course Murphies law will kick in and by this time next month he will probably be a crowing machine!!
lol.png

Quote:
We hope so! We live on a nice piece of land, no worries about neighbors. He needs to start making noise and taking care of the girls. I mean, are there roo's who never crow or mate? I'd hate to get rid of him and have to roll the dice on another roo. He's fully and happily integrated into the flock...has no issues with anyone. Grrr.....

Back
Top Bottom