I thought I got Amerucanas....are these Easter eggers???

Are these Amerucana or Easter egger?

• Amerucana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sacri

Chirping
Mar 22, 2019
Savannah Georgia
Hey! Thanks for helping.....I purchased 7 Rhode Island Reds and 7 Amerucanas (???) some of what I am reading is making me wonder though.....They all have the grayish/blue feet and legs, but some have cheek puffs and I thought Amerucanas didn't have those....They are what they are and I'll love them and take the eggs regardless but I would like to know. (I can try to get better pictures if I need to)
fullsizeoutput_2371.jpeg

RaCNkNIuSjm6jyk6kSvhQA.jpg
yMhtKIWbQESQ0MhCwUIknQ.jpg
7IbVAuqeS%ujD3cIh6qqkw.jpg
ce5g8GFNToGyfDTfzdzbfA.jpg

Yd9PgPJGS6SjOj80HXHB2w.jpg
M4MAqyELTi+uUA11LjchVg.jpg

Attachments

• Ntw1JQ93SkabJRb4ruHD7g.jpg
    Ntw1JQ93SkabJRb4ruHD7g.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 4
  • D6zJUo7VRL6qhtpo86tvCg.jpg
    D6zJUo7VRL6qhtpo86tvCg.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
You have Easter Eggers which are derived from Ameraucanas. Easter Eggers that are sold commercially are bred Easter Egger to Easter Egger so they can be many generations removed from the original Ameraucana stock used.
Thanks. Can you tell me how you figured that out so I know what I am looking at (and for in the future)

Thanks. Can you tell me how you figured that out so I know what I am looking at (and for in the future)

Ameraucanas come in several color varieties that breed true. None of your birds meet these criteria. In order to get true Ameracaunas, it is necessary to buy from breeders.

They lack the muffs that Ameraucanas have (chipmunk cheeks).Ameraucanas faces to me look fluffy. I had an Ameraucana chick and it had the chipmunk cheeks (muffs) from day 1. That's something I'd look for, since it's easy to spot. Unique characteristics of Ameraucanas are; feather beards, blue legs, and tufted ears.

They lack the muffs that Ameraucanas have (chipmunk cheeks).Ameraucanas faces to me look fluffy. I had an Ameraucana chick and it had the chipmunk cheeks (muffs) from day 1. That's something I'd look for, since it's easy to spot. Unique characteristics of Ameraucanas are; feather beards, blue legs, and tufted ears.

Thank you!! That was very clearly explained. Mine definitely did not have those from day one and some still don't.

Thank you!! That was very clearly explained. Mine definitely did not have those from day one and some still don't.
I know a lot of hatcheries and places sell their breeds as Americanas (or other spelling) trying to trick people into thinking they're Ameraucanas. They basically change the spelling and sell you Easter Eggers. The Ameraucana breed can be hard to find, I know that much! Hopefully you still like your chickens! They'll lay awesome eggs and hopefully you get all different colors so you can have a colorful egg basket!

I know a lot of hatcheries and places sell their breeds as Americanas (or other spelling) trying to trick people into thinking they're Ameraucanas. They basically change the spelling and sell you Easter Eggers. The Ameraucana breed can be hard to find, I know that much! Hopefully you still like your chickens! They'll lay awesome eggs and hopefully you get all different colors so you can have a colorful egg basket!
I still love them. Different colored eggs will be fun!

Back
Top Bottom