I thought they were pretty so I bought them! What are they?

Quote:
Do you have a pictures of the roosters?

Chris

I agree American game. But who knows what could all be in the mix really. Pretty hens they are
wink.png

-Daniel.

The roosters don't belong with these two hens, but since we eat the eggs, I guess it is ok for them to have some fun!
wink.png

Thanks ya'll!

BoJo

Here's what they look like to me, because they are VERY similar to my birds.

They LOOK like an Aceel x Claret cross. It's hard to tell in the picture, are their legs white/clear or yellow?
Also, what color eggs are they laying? That would be very helpful to me helping you figure out what they are.
They could also be pure claret with the 'splash' gene, but I need more information on the legs and pictures of the roosters if they are from the same group.

Claret roosters are black bodied with blue/green hues, have orange/red saddles and hackle feathers. Also, Claret roo's will have white 'fluffy' feathers at the base of their tails. I can post pictures of my Clarets if that will help? They are usually pea combed, but a few straight combs will come out of an Aceel cross.

I don't have the roos.... I wish I did!
hu.gif

The feet are very pale, a peach to white color! The eggs are lite lite tan almost white.

Am I any help? LOL

I have never seen thosee breeds, I am looking them up now!!

Thanks,

BoJo

spangled gamehens, pic of a spangled gamecock, his hens look alot like yours. Note the white legs , your have more white than my hens, but still look like spangled

chicken019.jpg

Last edited:
Spangle gamehens, maybe butchers or more like white hackle. Will make great mothers.....don't see any asel heads to small for asel

Spangles and butchers, I didn't even think of them... They could be anything without knowing breeding though. Now that Spangleds are back on my mind, I'm leaning more towards them.

don't see any asel heads to small for asel

True.​

Back
Top Bottom