I tried a new hatchery~!~

Promiselandfarm

Songster
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Cumberland City, Tennessee
Mt Healthy was having a chick bargain sale so I order 200 for fryers. Man oh Man will I be using this hatchery again!!! They got here in ONE day! All alive and chipper.~. They were to be all boys I think but we have 15 girls in the bunch or at least we think they are when we sexed them. The are big healthy chicks. I just called back to ask for a catalog for future reference. I am so glad I gave them a try after my last hatchery issues I was really nervous about ordering but for the price I took the chance and SOOOOOO glad I did!

wow I see what you mean by great deal .18 each wow. wish I could do my own birds (I sure do miss the taste of chicken).

Do you have pics of the chicks was wanting to see what they send out...I'll proubly order that special in the spring,or sooner depends on how much I miss having chicks around.

i was JUST going to do a search on them! i want to get one more set of cornishX in before heavy snow.

did you get the free chicks too? i was thinking of trying them out. you may have just cemented it!

post some pics if you can...

my freezer is going to be jealous of your freezer!
lol.png

Maybe I'll go through them one day when I get my real farm, but for an urban plot with .19 acres with a house as it is...that is just about impossible for 100 chix!

I just got chicks from Mt. Healthy. Ordered 15 Barred Rocks, got sixteen. I like free stuff. They had what I wanted at a decent price and I didn't have to order a million chicks either. One reason I picked them what they're a relatively close distance to where the chicks were being sent. And I got them sooner than I thought I would. Worked out good, I'll most likely use them again. Oh, and the condition of the birds was outstanding. Very active.

They have them listed as fryers...what the difference between that and broilers? Do you have to cull them at a younger age or are they just smaller?

Back
Top Bottom