I wanna get a bunny! Questions...

Quote:
I have this issue with does only. Bucks are not tempermental, at lest mine aren't.

thanks for the advice! i plan on getting another holland (this time a pedigreed!!) in about 2 years (when im more settled)my first was a female so maybe ill try a male next time

Quote:
We are too. The Giant Angora is looking good right about now. Got a wealth of information from Debi Raymond!

The Giant Angora would give more wool but I did want something that blew its coat. I'm glad to find that Debi doesn't live so far from me! It's hard to find angora breeders down here...

Debi, could you also give some advice on the differences between spayed doe and neutered bucks if you can? I got some good info from punk-a-doodle but I'd like your input too.
smile.png

Quote:
We are too. The Giant Angora is looking good right about now. Got a wealth of information from Debi Raymond!

The Giant Angora would give more wool but I did want something that blew its coat. I'm glad to find that Debi doesn't live so far from me! It's hard to find angora breeders down here...

Debi, could you also give some advice on the differences between spayed doe and neutered bucks if you can? I got some good info from punk-a-doodle but I'd like your input too.
smile.png

Spaying helps the does temperment, but bucks are pretty tame without neutering. You can neuter a buck so he doesn't smell, but their smell has never bothered me much. Does are often the "pistols" and bucks are calmer. I have a pistol doe right now and MAN does give me a hard time. But once I get a hold of her it is all love and kisses.

It is VERY hard to find angora breeders in CA. I think there is a total of 4 registered with ARBA in the entire state.

Quote:
I would love to say that the demand is growing, but it's not. Not here. They are very popular back east and our goal is to get the word about them and their wool out there. I mean, seriously. People are paying $125 for an angora beanie. Why not pay $75 for the rabbit and make all the beanies you want! Makes no sense to me. But the wool, raw and spun sells incredibly well.

I don't know why more people wouldn't want to breed these guys. They look so adorable and they have utility value for those who are into fiber arts. Not only that but I've heard so many good things about their personalities. Well if you could be part of the pioneers who bring more angoras to California then that could be a good thing.

1. Which breed of bunny is the best? depends on what you want in a bunny, most common one sold here is a lop ear bunny
2. What are the aprox. costs of cages? Depends on what you want in a cage. I use a large dog kennel inside my chicken coop, I open the door during the day and she comes back in at night
3. What's the best feed for bunnies? I use purina and lots of fresh stuff, just like my girls. I buy my hay by the bale and she can eat as much as she wants.
4. Where can I get bunnies that's nearest to me? I got mine for free on CL

Last edited:
Quote:
We are working on it. Every one I sell with a pedigree and encourage the buyers to show as the parents are both grand champions. I am sure it will take some time, but that is what I hope to see in the future.

Where has to OP taken off to anyways??

Back
Top Bottom