I want chicks 😫 and these are my dream breeds! What are everyone’s else’s dream breeds?

Mine are all mainly major exotics that are still on my lists.

I like my spitzy crosses though. Not something you ever really see a lot of, and they're really colorful. I've gotten blue and white, black and white, and orange and blue in 2 different batches

Mine are all mainly major exotics that are still on my lists.

I like my spitzy crosses though. Not something you ever really see a lot of, and they're really colorful. I've gotten blue and white, black and white, and orange and blue in 2 different batches
Wow! I really want exotic breeds to. One of my favs is green jungle fowl. The roosters’ combs and wattles are rainbow colored and their necks are really pretty green scale feathers. The hens look more like brown pigeons with longer legs though lol

I’m in a bit of the same position. I’ve graduated from high-school but not starting college right off. I’d like more chickens but parents don’t want to care for more when I move out. Currently have around 30. We started off with 20. And had close to 40 for a bit last summer. I have absolutely no pity for leaving my dad to take care of them though since the we deal made when we got chickens was that I wouldn’t have to with them at all since I’m allergic to feathers. That lasted all of 24hours before I was being asked to check on the new chicks. Now he whines when asked to put them up at night cause I’m at work. 🙄

Dream birds are:
Light Brahma
Columbian Wyandotte
Naked Neck
Buff Orpington

Anything in silkied feathering. I am obsessed. 😍 Since I've already gotten my hands on my silkied Cochins, my next most wanted are silkied Ameraucanas and woolly Svart Hona. My dream is to one day have a barn big enough for as many breeding pens for silkied breeds as my heart desires, for their preservation. :love Silkied feathering on breeds other than Silkies just doesn't get the love it deserves!

I've also got a very long list of other breeds that are not silkie-feathered, but I'd be here all night typing them all up. 🤭 Suffice it to say, I love chickens of all shapes and sizes.

I’m in a bit of the same position. I’ve graduated from high-school but not starting college right off. I’d like more chickens but parents don’t want to care for more when I move out. Currently have around 30. We started off with 20. And had close to 40 for a bit last summer. I have absolutely no pity for leaving my dad to take care of them though since the we deal made when we got chickens was that I wouldn’t have to with them at all since I’m allergic to feathers. That lasted all of 24hours before I was being asked to check on the new chicks. Now he whines when asked to put them up at night cause I’m at work. 🙄

Dream birds are:
Light Brahma
Columbian Wyandotte
Naked Neck
Buff Orpington
It’s the worst when you make a deal with your parents and then the break it and tell you “well I’m the parent.” I love buff orps. I’ve had two over the years. My current on, Butterscotch, is really friendly but she’s at the bottom of the pecking order. She’s also like permanently half broody. Not the sitting on eggs part but the being puffed up and growling part always :lau

My all time dream breed is: SALMON FAVEROLLES!
But they're is like 100 other breeds I want, like: Silkies, Polish, Sebrights, bantam Ameraucanas, frizzles, phoenix, Silver spangled hamburgs... and so on, I could and more of course! And I agree with @Pampered chicken girl red laced blue wyandottes are super cool!
Ohh yes I forgot salmon faverolles, Phoenix or onagadori, and bantam Ameriucanas. I have polish and paint silkies they are so stinkin cute 😍 😆

Anything in silkied feathering. I am obsessed. 😍 Since I've already gotten my hands on my silkied Cochins, my next most wanted are silkied Ameraucanas and woolly Svart Hona. My dream is to one day have a barn big enough for as many breeding pens for silkied breeds as my heart desires, for their preservation. :love Silkied feathering on breeds other than Silkies just doesn't get the love it deserves!

I've also got a very long list of other breeds that are not silkie-feathered, but I'd be here all night typing them all up. 🤭 Suffice it to say, I love chickens of all shapes and sizes.
YES. ALWAYS. Any chicken is a good chicken. Also I looove silked feathers. Oh and frizzled. Or even sizzled.

Back
Top Bottom