I want chicks 😫 and these are my dream breeds! What are everyone’s else’s dream breeds?

What color is your polish?
Black white crested
Screenshot_20220713-124359_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220602-155607_Photos.jpg

Yes, silkied ameraucanas sound the best! They look like silkies but lay blue eggs!

Actually, they still look like Ameraucanas--they just have fuzzy feathers instead of normal ones. :love

Black blue splash, the genes are similar in the sense that breeding blue and black silkies gives you blue black and splash babies. That's my best explanation 🤣

They're all caused by the same gene, blue (Bl). Or, rather, Black is the absence of the blue gene (bl+/bl+), while Blue is the result of one copy of the blue gene (Bl/bl+) and Splash is from two copies (Bl/Bl). That's why you get a some chicks of all three colors when you breed Blue to Blue, because either parent can pass on a blue gene or a not-blue gene resulting in a chance for any of the possible combinations in their offspring. 😊

BlueXBlue= blue, black, splash
BlackXBlack= Black
SplashXSplash= Splash
BluexBlack= Blue and Black
BluexSplash= Blue and Splash
BlackXSplash= Blue

Actually, they still look like Ameraucanas--they just have fuzzy feathers instead of normal ones. :love

They're all caused by the same gene, blue (Bl). Or, rather, Black is the absence of the blue gene (bl+/bl+), while Blue is the result of one copy of the blue gene (Bl/bl+) and Splash is from two copies (Bl/Bl). That's why you get a some chicks of all three colors when you breed Blue to Blue, because either parent can pass on a blue gene or a not-blue gene resulting in a chance for any of the possible combinations in their offspring. 😊
Oh thanks. I am horrible with genetics. So 2 blues give splash and blue and black just give blue and black, good to know

Back
Top Bottom