I want friends

To be honest, I like my animals better than most people. We have 120ish chickens, all different breeds, 3 dogs, one goose (security guard), 7 Khaki Campbell ducks, two turkeys, 3 Serama chicks ....so far. In the Incubator we have 15 Cayuga ducks, 20 Royal Palms turkeys, 6 Blue Slate Turkeys (hatching the for a friend), and 25 more Serama eggs.

We live where KY,OH,WV meet, we are in OH.
I would like friends who has my love for animals. My wife is more of the planting a garden and flowers type. I do think I have her hooks on the Serama chicks though!

Attachments

• sleepy.JPG
    sleepy.JPG
    555.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220616_101616.jpg
    20220616_101616.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1
I think there are probably plenty that feel the same way honestly! I used to live in the city, but now I live in the country with no one around me at all, apart from my animals! It has definitely been an adjustment, even though I love the peace most of the time. I'm up in Michigan though unfortunately!

I think there are probably plenty that feel the same way honestly! I used to live in the city, but now I live in the country with no one around me at all, apart from my animals! It has definitely been an adjustment, even though I love the peace most of the time. I'm up in Michigan though unfortunately
Hi Kerianne,
Nice to meet you!
Since I have the automatic chicken door on the main coop, it has been nice to be greeted and walked to the barn in the mornings. Most of mine like to be around me. Some like affection, the goose demands it. I do have kick butt neighbors, but none are chicken people. They will come see the new chicks, and love the eggs, but that's about it. We have 24 acres, so everyone is free range. It is an interesting place just to sit and watch the antics and interactions. I am going to keep the Seramas in a run, they will be too small to defend themselves even when full grown.

Hi yall! I live in muhlenberg county ky. I've currently got more chickens than I do friends. I'd love to get to know any one living in the area and hopefully making new fellow mom or chicken friends. I'm 32 with 2 boys in elementary school and a wonderful husband. I know this sounds like a want ad, cause it kind of is lol. Making friends as an adult is hard!
I am in the same position here in RI!
It’s hard to find good people randomly in public these days!
I feel like all the good people are hiding out online!
Finding a friend is harder these days.
I hope you find a friend or two!!!
All the friends I had when I was younger are no longer on a path I wish to follow. I am 36 with a 4 year old and a stay at home mom. So my child and our chickens/dogs/fish/hermit crabs are some of our best friends haha.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom