I want to ask a question that has already been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yeh, and some of them are even half way intelligent.
big_smile.png

pips&peeps :

What question recurs the most?

What's the difference between an ameraucana, araucana and an easter egger?

Is this a roo or a hen?

When will my chicken lay eggs?​

well.. *foot tapping* what is the difference.. save me from posting the question..
big_smile.png

Just a side note... With that search .. I have not been able to find a single answer in the forums.. I still have yet to find a page with the definition of the BO EE and all the other abreviations.. I have just learned a few of them.. and then imagine some great looking chicken in some far off distance for the rest.. I just learned how to find my own threads and even at that I have a tough time finding one in particular.

But as a positive. I did find qute a bit of info on the main site.. like what a vent was ..

And I think that the emergency forum should be excluded in the dumb question box.. people need answers..

so I am off to start asking the dumb questions again.. LOL
big_smile.png
ep.gif

I just got chicks, what do I feed them?
Chick starter

Medicated feed or not?
Personal choice

What is this brown diarhea poo?
Cecal poo

Do I need to worm the birds?
Personal choice unless fecal float confirms

Do I need to vaccinate birds?
Usually not unless confirmed in your area

Do I need grit?
Not if they have access to it

Do I need oyster shell?
Give free choice if birds get snacks

What's the difference between grit/oyster shell?
Aid digestion/ calcium respectively

What is DE?
Diatamous Earth, a silicate pest control method. USE FOOD GRADE!

How do I add new chick/hen/rooster/intergration issues...
When to start layer or stop starter
What do you charge for eggs?
Gas prices here or there
straw or hay or shavings or other?
to move or not to move broody/take chicks or no?
To help hatch or not hatch?

Then there are the people who post personal info, don't like what others have to say and staff are asked to intervene by the op or others.

And those who make a post and bump every 30 min because they have not yet got an answer, which is in the rules as a no no because you need to give others ample time to answer. This is a message board, not a phone call to a live person, and even then, they might not know the answer so don't respond.

And those who question if anyone cares or wants a product if they do not get an answer to their post or an inquiry.

And the list goes on.

Quote:
What's the difference between an ameraucana, araucana and an easter egger?

Is this a roo or a hen?

When will my chicken lay eggs?

well.. *foot tapping* what is the difference.. save me from posting the question..
big_smile.png

Just a side note... With that search .. I have not been able to find a single answer in the forums.. I still have yet to find a page with the definition of the BO EE and all the other abreviations.. I have just learned a few of them.. and then imagine some great looking chicken in some far off distance for the rest.. I just learned how to find my own threads and even at that I have a tough time finding one in particular.

But as a positive. I did find qute a bit of info on the main site.. like what a vent was ..

And I think that the emergency forum should be excluded in the dumb question box.. people need answers..

so I am off to start asking the dumb questions again.. LOL
big_smile.png
ep.gif

Not dumb questions, just recurring questions. After I had been on the forums about a month, maybe even less, I noticed the same questions being asked over and over. Thus, the inspiration for this thread.

A dumb question would be what kind of chicken has feathers?

I agree with the frustration with the search feature. There have been some good tips in other threads. Now if I could just find them. Another problem isn't with the search function, it is with people's spelling.

Hey admins, maybe abbreviations can be put in the glossary.
Here are a few abbreviations : https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=59356
I
found the thread by using abbreviations as a search term.

My pet peeve is the: "Oh, woe is me...listen to me air my personal problems like dirty laundry",

Followed by: "Are there any enablers out there who will tell me that I am 100% right and console me and unconditionally take my side"

And then finally: "Please moderator...close this thread...people are being mean to me and not treating me like royalty"

I guess I'm just a big meanie who'd rather talk chickens. I also agree with Wildsky about the cryptic subject lines that give no indication what they're about. Very counter-productive.

Having been a moderator on other forums ..different subject matter, entirely... I have permanently installed "blinders" for repetitive questions ..encrypted thread titles ...and the likes.

As for people putting their "business" out in cyberville ...realize that some of these folks are actually reaching out because they have no other options ..or they just don't like their other options. It's not always a "pity party" or "worship at my feet" or other whatever. Most of us are adults and carry ourselves as such ...it's not hard to communicate your personal views without being aggressive or even arrogant!
wink.png

Now, spelling ...that's a peeve for me!
tongue.png
I use my spell check thingy on my google toolbar ..I love it! I wish everyone would love theirs just as much!!

And yes, misspelled words make the SEARCH function darn near a moot point!
hmm.png

Enjoy your stay in Cyberville, y'all!!
big_smile.png

Speaking of....Spelling...... I just made the transition from IE to Firefox.... I'm VERY happy with the switch! Plus you can add a module for spell check and it functions just like Word. Very cool
smile.png

Sorry but the ones that irritate me are the ones titled “I am going to be gone for awhile”

What’s the point to this? Whoever responds is not going to get a response back, because your going to be gone for awhile. I never open these.....

I do get..... “Hey I’m back” ....your back you have been away, doing what? How was it? Now I get responding.....your back & can respond.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom