I was asked to put up this picture..Chicks on Pages 6..New question P7

They definitely are beautiful. With some breeding and work, I am sure you could have them looking like the "proposed" Marans, if that matters to you.

Marans come in both feather-legged and clean-legged (Although, from what I understand the american standard is calling for feathered shanks).

I agree, the roo and the hen look NOTHING like marans to me. The roo especially was NOTHING like my marans boy, and he wasnt bred the best in world. The roo either isnt a marans or is a crossbreed.

Quote:
WHAT? Wait, I'm new to all this, but I don't see what you are saying.
How can you make a Marans out of a non-Marans?? I don't get it.
Please educate me here.

They are saying you can selectively breed them to look like marans. Or at least, thats what Im getting from it.

I think that roo is quite handsome, myself. BUT he's not a handsome Marans. He's a handsome Andalusian. There's nothing wrong with being a handsome Andalusian. Just don't try to stuff a square peg into a round hole.
wink.png

Quote:
Yeah, but he himself and the others won't - many generations down, they might.

Besides, I hope you aren't being selectively bred!
lol.png

Not really a very good analogy I agree LOL. Now that I think about it I dont want to look like Brad Pitt. Just want his money and maybe Angelina - no not that either.

I think that is who he is married to I get all those stars with big jelly lips mixed up. J-LO??? now I am confused

Quote:
WHAT? Wait, I'm new to all this, but I don't see what you are saying.
How can you make a Marans out of a non-Marans?? I don't get it.
Please educate me here.

LOl, sarcasm people, sarcasm. Marans people are so easily upset, lol. However, if you read this board too long, you will think that ANYTHING can be produced in 5 generations of breeding ?

Back
Top Bottom