I was asked to put up this picture..Chicks on Pages 6..New question P7

How many eggs have you gotten in a week? It's possible that only one of the hens has started laying. I think you mentioned earlier that one of the hens had feathered legs?

Right now I am getting 3 or so. The eggs in the pict is over 2 weeks or so. They are not up to full speed yet. I though of that as well. I am waiting for the 2 egg and 3 egg day...With the time change I think the light messed with them. I do not like using lights for egg prod..

The pullet has the wrong shape & tail to be a Marans, it may have been the result of a Marans X something .& the parents also lacked foot feathering. As previously said the cockerel has absolutely no Marans characteristics at all.
David

Alright you people have me going out to the growing up pen in the rain to grab my Blue Marans roo off the roost pole to look at his earlopes but they are red. He thinks I have lost my mind.

Last edited:
Quote:
I bet it's just that one hen that is laying so far. You'll have to report back and let us know if you start getting white eggs from the others!

I will let you know. Also, I do not know if I said this, all the hens have red lobs.....and I do have all the paperwork from when they were bought as Blue Marans from the seller. Once I here from her, I will let everyone know. I know what you are said, I am just hoping you are wrong and the sellers tell me different. I will have to hatch a few and sew what I get. Either way they are beautiful birds.... I may even cross one with my BCM.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom