I was wondering

Berynn

Cooped Up
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
I am keeping my chickens for ever, I was just wondering what most of the people on this forum does with there chicken:weee

I will use them for eggs as long as they are producing, after they stop producing regularly, we will eat them, I think. I have become pretty attached to a couple of them. As far as the roos go, they are safe as long as they are nice to my kids. My husband told me not to name them, but I couldn't help it.
lol.png

We like the fresh eggs and then cull them out when their egg production decreases. We currently have three groups of chickens of difference ages, two are now laying and the third probably in December.

Once they're done laying, they're going to be pampered old hens til they go to the great chicken coop in the sky.

Last edited:
I keep mine as pets and omelette ingredient providers, fertiliser and pretty things to watch in the yard.
I have a 16 year old hen who is retired, all mine die of old age!! though saying this, i dont have many just 12 and the silkies are for breeding and sharing the chicks around to new family homes.
In my book, culling is ending their life!!removing then from the population!

Back
Top Bottom