I will not go to tractor supply.

Pics
I stopped at the local feed store yesterday to get a bale of hay for the nest boxes and walked out with two chicks!! 🤬
I already have two that now are almost two months old and almost ready to go out with the flock, now..........I’m starting over! God they’re too cute to pass up!! 🐣🐣
Lucky that your store allows 2! Mine has a minimum of 6 so of course I got 8 😂

When I first saw this post I thought, oh no what’s wrong with TS. Then i read further. Now I’m worried, I had just told my husband that we needed some dog food (8 dogs),, shavings and chicken feed. Love baby chicks, but we just got new ones in the fall. He sees them, doesn’t matter what kind, for that matter what it is. He sees babies (8 dogs, they were babies). Guess I’ll need to make the trip!

When I first saw this post I thought, oh no what’s wrong with TS. Then i read further. Now I’m worried, I had just told my husband that we needed some dog food (8 dogs),, shavings and chicken feed. Love baby chicks, but we just got new ones in the fall. He sees them, doesn’t matter what kind, for that matter what it is. He sees babies (8 dogs, they were babies). Guess I’ll need to make the trip!
Hubs told me at least I wasn’t buying crack.

It is a tough temptation and our feed store has lavender Orpingtons! But I don't have room for any more at the moment, adding more would overcrowd things, overcrowding leads to problems, so bearing that in mind I resisted the temptation. I need to build a separate brooder facility large enough to accommodate any new chicks until they are at least fully feathered/bantam-sized, and re-home the older ones when they are no longer productive, before I get any more.

Ahhhh! OK, y'all need to hold me to this:
I, nuthatched, will not buy any more chicks unless this chicks are of the following:
* those marked * are extremely unlikely, therefor I probably won't see them. BUT if they do show up...
Lavender orpingtons
silver penciled rocks*
beliefelders*
blue laced red wwyandottes
Speckled Sussex

-nuthatched

Ahhhh! OK, y'all need to hold me to this:
I, nuthatched, will not buy any more chicks unless this chicks are of the following:
* those marked * are extremely unlikely, therefor I probably won't see them. BUT if they do show up...
Lavender orpingtons
silver penciled rocks*
beliefelders*
blue laced red wwyandottes
Speckled Sussex

-nuthatched
I'm about to go see if they have more silkies 😂

Back
Top Bottom