I will not go to tractor supply.

Pics
Both feed stores here have spring chicks in. Hubby turned and held my cart and said "You have 25 coming next week remember?" Lol, and "You already have 9 at home remember?" "But, but I just want to look!" It's so hard....to......not...bring babies home! But I don't have any white egg layers! So! You already have to give away a dozen eggs a week or more! I hate it when he is right.

Lol same here I left with 6 required 4.... I couldn't pass up the rare lavender orpingtons... they had five so I got a black Orrington to make an even 6 should have gotten two of those.. lol
My daughter tells me she wants to have a chick so she can have eggs. I take her to TS, get everything to get her started, including the minimum 4 lavender orpingtons. Of course 2 can come to join our clan when they get feathers. ;) I get her back to her house setup for young chicks. Later that night she tells me, she only wanted to keep them till they get feathers, they not staying permanently at her house. :eek:Babies. I have banned her from TSC. Lol.

Attachments

• 20200307_114353.jpg
    20200307_114353.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200307_114416.jpg
    20200307_114416.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
It is a tough temptation and our feed store has lavender Orpingtons! But I don't have room for any more at the moment, adding more would overcrowd things, overcrowding leads to problems, so bearing that in mind I resisted the temptation. I need to build a separate brooder facility large enough to accommodate any new chicks until they are at least fully feathered/bantam-sized, and re-home the older ones when they are no longer productive, before I get any more.
I fell for the lavender Orpingtons last fall. They had five left I came home with those five and a black Orpington also..

Ahhhh! OK, y'all need to hold me to this:
I, nuthatched, will not buy any more chicks unless this chicks are of the following:
* those marked * are extremely unlikely, therefor I probably won't see them. BUT if they do show up...
Lavender orpingtons
silver penciled rocks*
beliefelders*
blue laced red wwyandottes
Speckled Sussex

-nuthatched
Don’t hold your breath lavender Orpingtons showed up at my Tsc last fall....

Last edited:
I went to Ace hardware instead. I bought 3 little RIR's (like I needed them!) went home and one died. I went back to the store like a dummie and they said they'd make good on it if I would take 3 more free! Now I've got 6 "roadies" along with my 13 hatchers. What am I gonna do? My wife and I only need 2 eggs a day!
Sell those eggs! My hens pay for their own feed and treats. 😃

Back
Top Bottom