I would just about give up.....!!!!! It's a fox!!!!

My DH is out on our storage building that the run is attached to, hoping to see the culprit.
th.gif

"Reynard the Fox" -- hope you catch the trickster, not really sure if I want you to kill him though, even though he ate your chickens...sorry , but he was just doing what his instincts told him. Maybe you could trap and transplant him somewhere?
smile.png

First let me very sorry for your loss.

I have two big out side runs for my coop. I put in wire on the floor and nailed it to the wood frame of my run. If you had metal run you can use wire to attach it to the wire frame. But the whole floor is totally wired.

They can dig to hearts content but not getting in now. It is 1/2 inch welded wire mesh. The floor is covered with sawdust.

I have a radio playing and it seems to have stopped most from visiting around my barn. Sure others will have more suggestions for you on this.

ML

Quote:
If we trap him, we'll call animal control. If we can't there's really no option. I will not take him somewhere else on my own, simply b/c I don't know the legalities nor would I wan't to take him/her where it could get someone elses chickens.

I will forewarn you though, animal control here is famous for telling people to take care of it on their own (killing it). They are lazy and would prefer someone else to take care of the problem. I have even had dead raccoons on my front yard and all they said was not to touch it, bury it, and get my dog her rabies shot again (she just had a shot 2 weeks prior due to a problem with a crazy raccoon in the woods, and they still didn't come out!).
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom