IA here

Quote:
I am taking my daughter's little white ford ranger. I had an EE that I thought was a roo on my list to get rid of but turns out it' a pullet, so she stays for now. Maybe... That means I have three young EE pullets. Guess I need to go write a list of everything I have right now and then write a list of what to get rid of.

Quote:
I looked for you for a little bit, but couldn't read anyones hats from far away. Plus I was trying to sort through all the cages to see what we wanted to bid on.

PBJ
I left at 9:30. A lot of chickens for sale. Since you live in town, can you answers a few questions for me. I read the Ordinance and it says you can have up to 30 chickens on a lot. It also says you can only have 2 different species. Does this mean you can only have 2 different breeds of chickens. Because I have 3 sexlinks, 2 ameraucana, 3 buff orpintons (1 rooster). If the come out on me will I have to get rid of 1 breed. My coop will hold about 18 chickens figuring 3 sqft per chicken. None of my neighbors have complained yet.

Fred

No it means you can have two different kinds of animals such as ducks and chickens or rabbits and quail. You are talking breeds, not species. We sat by an animal control officer at the auction and learned a lot from him. Plus animal control has been to my house 3 times (in one summer ) and I was told I was completely legit at the time.

So, how was Waverly?

Portage was good, got some nice places and some pleasant suprises...

A young lady who bought buckeye chicks from me last year at Portage, was given a buttercup egg by Lora to hatch also. She took the egg home, incubated it, and hatched out a little, very pretty Buttercup girl that was in the 4-H part of the show this year! I got to hold the pullet, nearly hen now and she was so pretty, on the small side but was a very nice girl. Used to being handled and had been to shows this year with success! I tried very hard to buy her from the girl but it was her pet and she did not want to sell her.

I did come home with my old friend Curly! The boy I gave him to last year was looking for swome different breeding stock and asked me if I'd like him back and said yes. I missed that little guy so much. I gave the boy a pr. of Vorwerk starts in return. My son and i were walking between the buildings on the fairgrounds where people were parked and unloading, as we went by the backs of 3 trucks i heard a crow and told Noah it was curly, cause i remembered his crow. He of course thought I was crazy. Found out later that ues, that was Curly! Thats where we went to pick him up! He looks a little scruffy cause he's molting

15765_100_4020.jpg

He had a lump on the side of his beak. At first i thought it might be a tumor but something just wasn't right. I tired to gently scrape it with my fingernail and it did not seem to bother Curly so I work on it a bit with a moist towelette and gave it a gentle flick and it came out! Along with a foul odor. It was a plug in his nostril made up of feed and poop and litter! He had a runny nose at some point and something got stuck and it stayed moist enough to collect what was a giant booger! There was a sliver of the hard tissue that pulled up, but it layed back down very quickly and he looks today as if nothing was ever wrong. No booger, no odor, no break visible, and no runny nose. I can only imagine how much better he feels.
He and Naughty Snow White were... reaquainted this morning. Seems like i am running a geriatric ward for little chickens!
Got a nice rosette from the American Buttercup Club. Perfect butter yellow color!

15765_100_4024.jpg

Also picked up a trio of Birchen MGB's. I've always like those little ballerinas, or dinosaurs. It was a trio that was in the show. They placed a #1 but could do better. The male had just been recently dubbed and it was obvious and their feathers need a little work. I think with some high protein feed, they will condition out very nicely, and be handsome birds.

Quote:
I showed at Portage last year but not this year. It is a great show but I decided not to do it this year. I thought that I will be spending enough on Motel rooms between the Denver and Crossroads shows. Glad you had a good show. Do you remember what won best of show?

glad you did well. waverly went pricey lol. tj said "hat guy wasn't there" lol he's bad with names.
i got rid of 2 chicken, 1 goat and 1 duck came home with 6 chickens, 7 ducks, and a goat. there was tears and heart break and joy as we sold our pygmy boy with horns and bought 1 without and its a girl.
got a trio on partidge cochins, Tj got a little drama hen for his roo, so alls well till i picked up 4 ducks didn't need oh well.

Back
Top Bottom